5620 W. Cypress St.
Is fishing on your Florida bucket list? It should be! Come out for a beginner lesson, great for first time anglers, including kids!
You’ll get hands on with fishing gear and learn how to land your first fish with help from a professional fishing guide. Learn at your own pace and discover tools + techniques that will give you an intro to the world of Florida fishing:
- How do I rig my fishing rod?
- What’s the best way to cast?
- What type of fish can I catch in the area?
- How do I clean and fillet my catch?
MULTIPLE TIMES AVAILABLE: 10AM/ 11AM/ 12PM
This class runs for 45 minutes and is limited to 6 people per time slot. Reserve your time when you sign up. Kids 6 and under get to fish with you for free!
What you should know:
- Personal instruction with a local and licensed professional fishing guide
- Fishing rod, tackle, and bait included
- Adults over the age of 16 will need a Saltwater Shoreline Fishing License to participate. This license is about $2 for Florida residents and a digital copy can be easily ordered at https://license.gooutdoorsflorida.com/. Need help? We can order it from a cell phone at the lesson.
- Kids under the age of 16 do not need to have a fishing license!
Where do I park and meet the instructor?
There’s plenty of free parking at Cypress Point Park. Meet your instructor at the first pavillion to the east of the parking lot — he’ll be wearing an iTREKKERS shirt. You’ll walk out to the beach together.